What's the Deal with Data Breaches?
Data breaches are becoming more and more common these days. You hear about them in the news all the time. So you might be wondering: what exactly is a data breach? Read more.
How to Place a Security Freeze on Your Credit Report
Visit each credit bureau’s site to get more information about placing a security freeze on your credit report.
- Equifax: Freeze Your Equifax Credit Report
- Experian: Freeze Your Experian Credit Report
- TransUnion: Freeze Your TransUnion Credit Report
How to Thaw a Credit Freeze
Beware These Common Scams
Scams Targeting Older Adults
The elderly are the fastest growing segment of our society and they are also an important part of our country's economy.
Don’t be a fraud victim. A basic understanding of how scam artists work can help you to avoid fraud and protect your hard-earned money.
General Internet Security
- The Risks of Using Portable Devices
- Cyber Threats to Mobile Phones
- Understanding and Protecting Yourself Against Money Mule Schemes
- Socializing Securely: Using Social Networking Services
- Understanding Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Banking Securely Online
- South Korean Malware Attack
- Playing it Safe: Avoiding Online Gaming Risks
- Protecting Aggregated Data
- Introduction to Information Security
Securing Your Computer
- Using Wireless Technology Securely
- The Basics of Cloud Computing
- Small Office/Home Office Router Security
- Data Backup Options
- Disposing of Devices Safely
- Common Risks of Using Business Apps in the Cloud
- Home Network Security
- Securing Your Web Browser
- Virus Basics
- Governing for Enterprise Security
- Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams
- Software License Agreements: Ignore at Your Own Risk